Why join Mums in Business Network?
Well, after years of experience and lots of feedback we think that finding your “tribe” and really belonging to a community is vital. It can be pretty lonely running your own business. So that’s why we don’t just offer events that anyone can go to, but proper membership so that you can really become a part of your local group and an established community where members actually get to know and support one another instead of selling and competing.
Being a member means that you can tap into all the support, expertise and friendship in your tribe, and it also means you’re much more likely to actually go to events. And it means that you’ll be the only expert of your business area in your group too.
Lots of our members have commented that being a member is like having all the benefits of office colleagues, without all the cr*p and office politics that often comes with it!
How does it work?
MIB Network is a community of people in a similar situation rather, than an expensive networking group operating on a strict membership-only basis. So if you’re a mum and have a business, are just starting out or even just have an idea for one, you’re very welcome to come along to our meetings either as a member or guest. You can find out more about us here or visit our group location pages to find out about individual groups and their events and members.
If you’ve never been before and would like to come, please join our emailing list to receive meeting invitations.
How much does it cost?
Unlike most other networking groups we keep our fees to a minimum in recognition of the fact that we’re all mums, often working part-time around our families and in many cases are in the early stages of business, so we aren’t typically rolling in cash! And don’t forget that the cost can be offset against tax as a business expense.
– Annual membership – We have two membership options available:
- Initial joining fee of £24.99 which includes your super-useful personalised MIB Network Networking Organiser and Planner, plus:
- £150 by annual direct debit; or
- £75 one-off set-up fee followed by £15 per month direct debit for one group. Please note that the set-up fee is payable if you have a lapse in membership and subsequently wish to rejoin.
– Non-member fees = £20 per meeting (£10 for summer and xmas networking drinks). Limited to 3 guest attendances per person per year.
What does membership include?
- all your monthly evening meeting fees
- inclusion in our closed members’ Facebook group where we do a range of activities to help you promote your business, plan your week, share ideas, maintain contact and network in between meetings.
- inclusion in your group’s member directory click here to see an example with a link to your website, Facebook page or instagram
- no more than two members offering similar services at any time
- the opportunity to do a 5 minute presentation or display about your business at a meeting if you’d like to (needs to be pre-booked)
- Click here to apply to join.
Membership is subject to Terms and Conditions.
Coming as a guest without joining
If you’d like to try our meetings out first or if you’d like to come just occasionally, you’re very welcome to come along to any meetings as a non-member for a simple Non Member PAYG meeting attendance fee of £20.00 payable in advance when you book your place at any meeting. Attendance as a guest is limited to 3 times per year.
What about if I’m not a mum?
Anyone is welcome to come along as a guest regardless of whether you have children or not. However, annual membership is only open to mums / dads / primary care givers. This is because our experience of working, balancing our priorities and business goals are typically different, which creates a unique bond and shared understanding in our group. Needless to say you will be made very welcome regardless!