When: On 29/11/2018 from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
A practical hands-on, small group workshop in Tunbridge Wells covering the basics of using Mailchimp for your business by sitting down together with our laptops and going through it “live” using your own Mailchimp account. The workshop will last about 4 hours including tea breaks and is limited to no more than 4 people so that you get the time and attention you need.
You’ll take away instructions to refer back to, which you can add to with your own notes to remind yourself of how to tailor things to suit your own business. I’ll also be happy to answer any queries and give you a hand if you get stuck once you do things on your own after the workshop.
The workshop will be held in Tunbridge Wells – address will be provided after booking.
What we’ll cover in the Stage 2 workshop
Stage 2 will cover the following:
- Review where you got to after Stage 1 with troubleshooting if necessary
- Reviewing your mailing list formats
- Reporting and how to use it to make your campaigns more successful
- Response forms
- Getting subscribers to update their details
- Automation and how to get Mailchimp to send emails automatically for you based on specific criteria
- Analytics in more depth and how to use them to make your campaigns more successful
- Split A/B testing
- Intro to advanced features
Please let me know if there’s anything else you’d like to be covered and I’ll factor it in if possible.
What we cover in the Stage 1 workshop (Thusday 15th November)
Stage 1 will cover all the basics you’ll need to know to start using Mailchimp, including:
- Introduction to Mailchimp and why use it
- Creating future-proof lists
- Tags and how to use them
- Creating segments of lists and how they are useful
- Importing, subscribing and unsubscribing
- Backing up your lists
- Complying with GDPR data protection rules
- Keeping your contact lists clean
- Sign-up Forms:
- Planning and creating useful, future proof sign-up forms
- Field types and labels
- Merge tags and how to use them to personalise your emails as much as possible
- Branding your form
- Embedding, sharing and integrating your sign-up forms into your website, emails and pop-ups
- Visible and hidden fields
- Using your forms as a CRM system
- Preventing spam-bots signing up
- Creating and sending a campaign (email):
- Structuring and creating your first html email to fit your branding including colours, logos, images, links, buttons, optimal layouts and hotspots
- How to personalise your emails by automatically inserting text fiends from your contact lists
- Creating templates for future use
- Sending, timing and scheduling emails
One-to-one private training is also available – please contact me for details.
About your trainer
Claire Witz (who runs MIB Network across the UK) has over 9 years’ experience using and training in Mailchimp and email marketing. She is also a business advisor and trainer and runs her own ecommerce business.
How to book
Space is limited and advance booking is necessary. Please scroll down this page to book your place.
Bookings are closed for this event.